Thread: HP Photosmart C6380, Install of drivers fail due to Firewall issue

HP Photosmart C6380, Install of drivers fail due to Firewall issue

Hello friends,

I have a HP Photosmart C6380 on my Windows Vista Service Pack 1 computer.But Installation of drivers went fatal due to Firewall issue the Error Code: 01558361.I have tried enabling my windows firewall manually but all it does is it gives an error code: 6801 in the eventlog.
    I have tried to get the firewall up and running.Have n't been fiddling in the registry yet, since im not entirely certain how to go about it.The error description is following
    Now launching=X:\hpzfwx01.exe -m installfirewallexceptionlist
    -showui -I XXX -f "X:\hpoins31.dat" -Validate No dat" -Validate No Windows Firewall-initialization failed

unable to initialize firewall, aborting plug in

Exit Code=1603

thanks for any brilliant help..!!

Re: HP Photosmart C6380, Install of drivers fail due to Firewall issue

Can you try to download installer.Does that a software to handle your download,if so i suggest you to don't use them.Do a manual download and place in the hard drive where you can find them and go from there and i install from the folder that have made or go to the printer or control panel.Look for compatibility before downloading, about what type of window you have.when you right click on your computer from the start menu to the computer and you will system properties it will tell you about you computer and it service pack and version and also the type of processor and specifications

I guess may be your anti virus program is the troublemaker . Simply shutting down the firewall was not enough in this scenario.You need to completely remove the anti virus program,to get the windows firewall to function again.Now you try to install it will work out.am sure

Check this out.visit the Settings tab,Click on the Printers icon Select add printer. In the box that pops up, select Network printer and click next.In the set printer attributes, select other and type in a name. Connection AppSocket/HP JetDirect (socket) Click Find unless you know the IP. My printer is attached to my router so I uses lpd://192.168.1.x where x changes depending on the IP the router hands out.