Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

VI Editor set number

Operating Systems

Old 01-08-2009

VI Editor set number

I have a member in / home / xyz as called .exrc and its content is : 'set name'. It is assumed by default to allow a line number in the vi editor for editing new and existing members. But it does not work. Wondering if I'm missing something. Any ideas?

Old 01-08-2009

Re: VI Editor set number

Are you using vim? If not which version of vi editor are you using? Are you sure it is .exrc and not any other file that vi is loading? Check the version and post back...
Old 01-08-2009

Try logging into the system if you are on an administrator account if you are on a normal user account. If you are doing it as root, try it the other way, that is with a normal user. May be that could help, i have tried it before, but i don't know which way it worked...
Old 01-08-2009

Will try it out and get back... Well i don't think the user account may be a problem... but still i will try it out.. Thanks for taking some time to reply me...

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,