Thread: How can i stop loading NvCplDaemon at startup

How can i stop loading NvCplDaemon at startup

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. The problem is then when i boot up my system, nvcpldaemon utility get activates at the startup. Even i had tried to check it off in msconfig, it get reactivates itself on reboot. Can any body tell me that how can i stop NvCplDaemon at startup? Does any body knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue.

Re: How can i stop loading NvCplDaemon at startup

Deleted it in the RUN sections of Windows and then it drops out of list on msconfig. It is then reentered after a reboot and I am back where I started. Try NOT to delete it because NVIDIA video card is installed. If you do not want it to run on Windows startup, just disable it using Spybot S&D-->Tools-->Startups. You should also review the "application preferences" (NVIDIA) through Display Properties-->Advanced tab.

You need to do it through services.msc, not msconfig. Theres more stuff in there that needs shut off at startup. Just go to the run box and type services.msc. Its typical file name is NvCplDaemon. Then it creates new startup key with name NvCplDaemon and value rundll32.exe NvQtwk.dll, NvCplDaemon . You can also find it in your processes list with name rundll32.exe NvQtwk.dll, NvCplDaemon or NvCplDaemon.

Go to Start --> Run and type services.msc and press ENTER.Check your registry, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE: Software:Microsoft:Windows:CurrentVersion:Run and see if there is an entry in there that says NvCplDaemon. Here, navigate to the service named NVIDIA Driver Helper Service (nvsvc32.exe) and right-click on it. Then click "Properties". Here, in the "Status" dialog box, select "Stop". Then, under "Startup type" dialog box, select "Disabled". Click "Apply" and then "OK".