Thread: Installing Dropbox on OpenSUSE

Installing Dropbox on OpenSUSE

I have a Dropbox online storage and synchronization tool, i have downloaded it for Linux, so there is no doubt that it will not work on opensuse. but i don't know the procedure to install it on opensuse, please explain me the procedure to install dropbox on opensuse. Thank you.

Re: Installing Dropbox on OpenSUSE

Dropbox on openSUSE 11.1

Installation and Setup on openSUSE 11.1 is a breeze

• 1-click install is available in Gnome:Community
    • Logout from your GNOME Session and login again
    • Run “Dropbox” from the GNOME menu to link your workstation to your Dropbox account

Currently there’s a plugin for nautilus available. Hopefully some KDE coders more experienced than me will come up with a Dolphin plugin soon. Where the Dropbox daemon is proprietary software, the nautilus plugin is released under GPL and its sourcecode should provide the required information about the Dropbox daemon’s API to port it to KDE/Dolphin as well.

Install dropbox same as described for gnome, then find the dropboxd executable somewhere in your filesystem in a folder called .dropbox-dist (note the dot at the beginning of the name) once you have found dropboxd just put a link to the file in your desktop's autostart folder. ~/.kde/Autostart or ~/.kde4/Autostart

The daemon will now run whenever you log in. At this point all you need to do to use dropbox is drag files into your ~/Dropbox folder and it will pe propogated onto the network. You can put a link to this folder on your desktop if you like, or in kde4 setup a folderview plasmoid for the files.

Note that dropbox will only actually update the folder when you are online (obviously) but you do not need to be online to add things to the local folder.
    Pay To Developers, Not To RapidShare...!

http://forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/1135890.htm

Hi, i'm interested to know what is Dropbox? i don't have openSuse, is it avilable for windows?

Dropbox description : Dropbox will make secure backup, sync and sharing a lot easier than ever before. You just have to simply put your files into your Dropbox folder and you will be able to get to them from anywhere.

Also you can collaborate with your friends and co-workers and share photos, documents, music.

Here are some key features of "Dropbox":

• Super fast: Dropbox is obsessed with performance every step of the way.
    • Effortless sync: Changes to your files are instantly synced across your computers.
    • Works like you do: No complicated interface to learn.It's seamlessly integrated into your desktop.
    • Always accessible: All of your stuff is available via the web, so you can get it no matter where you are.
    • Share the love: Invite friends and family to a shared folder for easy collaboration around files.
    • Don't worry about it: Make a mistake? You can undelete files or restore old versions in a snap.

Dropbox for Windows