Thread: What is AEstSrv.exe

What is AEstSrv.exe

Hello friends,

I am using Dell Laptop with Windows XP install on it everything was working fine till now but today when i was trying to open Word 2007 i got a message as cannot open Word because it is being effected by AEstSrv.exe. Can anyone provide me some information about AEstSrv.exe file.

Information on AEstSrv.exe

Basically AEstSrv.exe is located in the folder C:\Windows\System32 or sometimes in a subfolder of C:\Windows\System32. The file size on Windows XP is 73,728 bytes and this program is not visible. AEstSrv.exe is not a Windows system file. File AEstSrv.exe is a Microsoft signed file. It has the capability of spreading virus and Trojan into your system.

What is AEstSrv.exe

I have also find out some information on AESTSRV.EXE and came to know that it has been seen to perform the behaviors like the Process is packed and/or encrypted using a software packing process, found on infected systems and resists interrogation by security products, uses low level functions to hide itself from the user and from system/security processes