Thread: Slipstream SATA drivers into a Windows XP Pro Install CD

Slipstream SATA drivers into a Windows XP Pro Install CD

Hello friends,

I would like to install Windows on my computer which having only SATA drives (2 x 74GB) & (1 x 120 GB).But unfortunately Windows only allows introduction of SATA drivers via a floppy drive. Can I just make in ISO of my XP Pro Sp1 CD and add in a driver?. I have a program that can edit ISO's. I can mount it R/W as a virtual drive, and add in any file I want.It's where to add the files is the problem. If I wanted to add drivers so that Windows install could use them, where would I put them on the CD?

Brilliant ideas must be appreciated..!!

Re: Slipstream SATA drivers into a Windows XP Pro Install CD

What I've found is that it seems you can only inject the SATA drivers from a distribution folder using the method you describe. Apparently there are differences in the way winnt(32).exe treats unnattend.txt/winnt.sif depending on where you deploy from. Unfortunately, I can't recall the reference. I have gotten it to work from a distribution folder but never from a cd/dvd.

My guess is that you need a driver for the serial ATA controller on your computer. I guess that this would be available from Gateway or from the
    manufacturer of the controller card. Put the driver file on a disk and do the F6 option. You might have to get a USB floppy unless you have
    one, since I have heard that WinXP won't look anywhere but the A drive for the driver files.

I am not much in to SATA drives.I know which involves aiding some techniques to make an unattended CD. Or you might consider is a utility called XPCreate. This utility will integrate Service packs, Windows updates, and other things you may want to include in your XP CD. It will even download any updates that you need before creating the CD/ISO. Currently it supports integrating some Sata/Raid drivers. Check out the SATA page to see if your drivers are supported.

Use nLite. Better than all !

hear hear.. nLite is the one.. very easy to use, works perfectly (at least for XP Pro)

use nlite .it is best.use as pie

Thanks for the replies guys, but i already sorted it out long back. I used nlite. Its simple, easy to use and the best thing, its free...