Thread: Best epsxe sound plugins

Best epsxe sound plugins

Hello , I have Download rgw Epsxe Emulator , Now i am About to configure it , i am Confused between the Various sound plugin offer in the epsxe, can you tell me which the best audio pluigin to use with the epsxe emulator , please help me thanks in advance

Re: Best epsxe sound plugins

Audio Plugins

Audio Plugins ePSXe Emulator :
    • Null2's SPU Driver V1.35 (Null2's SPU plugin has slowly become one of the best SPU plugins available. Recommended.)
    • Pete's MIDAS PSX SPU V1.07 (Pete's SPU plugin based on the free MIDAS library technology. A good alternative to Null2's plugin!)
    • Pete's DSound PSX SPU V1.15 (windows) (Updated May 12/2002) (Pete's latest SPU plugin, now based on DSound. This is one of the best SPU plugins out there, so it's really a must-try.)
    • Pete's Linux OSS PSX SPU V1.15 (Updated May 12/2002) (Pete's great Linux PSX spu emulation plugin, using the OSS interface)
    • P.E.Op.S DSound PSX SPU V1.8 (Win) (Updated April 25/2004) (It's based on Pete's SPU Version 1.15)
    • P.E.Op.S Linux OSS/ALSA PSX SPU V1.8 (Updated April 25/2004)
    • P.E.Op.S SPU V1.3 (Updated Jan 6/2003) (Windows/Linux versions ) (The P.E.Op.S. spu plugins are based on Pete's DSound/OSS plugins for Windows and Linux.)
    • Eternal SPU Plugin V1.41 (Win) (Updated May 30/2003) (A great sound plugin based on Iori's great SPU but heavily developed further, so it's really a must-try.)
    • Eternal SPU Plugin V1.41 (Linux) (A great sound plugin based on Iori's great SPU but heavily developed further, so it's really a must-try.)
    • Seal Audio Driver V0.8 (Sound plugin for PSEmu Pro which uses Seal audio device interface.)
    • Kazzuya's DirectSound V0.6 (Uses DirectSound for the output, and uses less resources than the SEAL plugin.)
    • NULL Driver (Disables the sound in PSEmuPro. This is used for systems incompatible with the sound drivers, or as a speed increase as no sound needs to be emulated.)
    • Iori's DirectSound Driver 1.48

Selecting the best sound plugin
    • ePSXe SPU Core 1.2.0 --> Good & fast sound, but still has some problems left.
    • Pete's MIDAS SPU 1.7 --> A good sound plugin which uses the latest SPU API.
    • Null2's SPU 1.35 --> Slowly became one of the best SPU plugins, recommended.

The Following Audio Plugins included in the pack: ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2 | Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41 | Eternal SPU Plugin Lite 1.41, The defaultaudio plugin (ePSXe SPU Core ) with this emulator is good, but it is not optimized for small PC. I advise you to use either the "Pete's DSound plugin", which is better, offers more options and is faster. Or, you can also use the plugin "Eternal SPU" which is simply the best of all.