Thread: Not able to access parental controls on vista 64 bit

Not able to access parental controls on vista 64 bit

Hello Good Morning everyone,

My problem is that am not able to access parental controls on my vista Ultimate 64 bit machine.When I double clicked on the icon in the control panel and nothing happens.But the service is running.I heard some body have the same problem with Parental Controls not Opening.So i have no clue what to do in this point of time..Can somebody can offer kind of help for get rid of the situation..

Any ideas will be brilliant..!!

Re: Not able to access parental controls on vista 64 bit

User Parental Controls is a tool in order to manage how your children use the computer. For example, you can adjust limits on your children's access to the web, the time that they can log on to the computer, and which games they can play and programs they can run.But If your computer is connected to a domain, Parental Controls are not available.

You must know that it is important to note that not all applications must compatible with Windows Parental Controls.For proper monitoring and control certain activities on the computer with parental control the application must be compatible with this new service. For the most part, most of the settings can be put across all applications, but it is important to test these controls using the applications that your users will be using. This way you know for sure that any restriction you put into place can be enforced.

May be you can do this way.For this you how to enable the Real Built-in Administrator, then login to that account and see if you can set up the parental controls. open Start menu, type cmd click RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR ,type in the following
    net user administrator /active:yes and hit enter Your screen will show all the user accounts. The "real" acct, yours, and other users now log in to the "real" account. The system will start setting up the desktop for the account. After that , try do what you wanted to do all these time.but make sure to create a password for it. you decide to get rid of it, repeat the procedures except in step type net user administrator /active:no