Thread: How can i restore ReadyBoost

How can i restore ReadyBoost

I am using Windows Vista and ReadyBoost since i upgraded my system to Win Vista from XP. Yesterday while troubleshooting i accidentally formatted readyboost off of my flash drive.

Is there any way to restore ReadyBoost back ? Please help.

Re: How can i restore ReadyBoost

Windows ReadyBoost relies on the intelligent memory management of Windows SuperFetch and significantly improve system responsiveness. Now i am not able to find the restoring part of ReadyBoost. Only i can suggest you to reinstall it and forget the past files.

As you said ReadyBoost significantly improve system responsiveness, i would like to know more about ReadyBoost. What is it actually and where can i get it ?

Memory is the main consideration for most systems and operating system. Especially for Windows Vista, since it uses the graphics features for Avalon to maximize media outcome memory is one of the most hesitated point on Vista.Adding system memory (typically referred to as RAM) is often the best way to improve a PC's performance, since more memory means more applications are ready to run without accessing the hard drive. However, upgrading memory can be difficult and costly, and some machines have limited memory expansion capabilities, making it impossible to add RAM.

Windows Vista introduces Windows ReadyBoost, a new concept in adding memory to a system. You can use non-volatile flash memory, such as that on a universal serial bus (USB) flash drive, to improve performance without having to add additional memory "under the hood."It's easy to use Windows ReadyBoost. When a removable memory device such as a USB flash drive or a secure digital (SD) memory card is first inserted into a port, Windows Vista checks to see if its performance is fast enough to work with Windows ReadyBoost. If so, you are asked if you want to use this device to speed up system performance. You can choose to allocate part of a USB drive's memory to speed up performance and use the remainder to store files.