Thread: How to keep your computer clean

How to keep your computer clean

Can any one tell me how to keep my computer safe from viruses? So my computer will give better performance and data will be safe.. Any software or instruction to do this?

Re: How to keep your computer clean

To keep computer safe from virusesInstall and Run an Anti-Virus Program and Do not open any strange e-mails from people you don't know.Norton AntiVirus provides virus threat prevention, detection, and repair software for your computer. It automatically detects and repairs known viruses and threats. Norton AntiVirus detects threats in instant messenger attachments as well as in email messages, Internet downloads, and other files. Norton AntiVirus includes expanded detection and repair of both known and emerging security risks, such as spyware and other files that could put your computer at risk. Easy updating of the virus definitions over the Internet keeps Norton AntiVirus prepared for the latest security risk.

Run Regular Scans to keep computer safe from viruses.Most of the anti-virus programs work automatically.Anti-virus software programs scan for new viruses as they come in and attack your computer. Malware is an umbrella term for all malicious software. The most common are viruses and spyware. There are many different types of viruses floating through the Internet. Once installed they are configured to scan all incoming and outgoing files, and often hook into your email in some way to double check that your received email is clean as well. So, it is very important that you keep it on always. Some programs are run by default while others are not. So, check your computer to make sure.

Tylon Foxx Guest

Norton Antivirus is also slow as hell and gobbles up all your resources when it scans and updates.
    Get Kaspersky, NOD32 or AVG instead.

As a rule of thumb, Viruses cannot reside in pictures, movie clips or sound files, however some viruses can be sent through the Windows Media player Licensing system.

other things you can do, is being wary of any mails from people you don't know or expect mails from. Sometimes virus-infested mails CAN come prom friends or colleagues too. If you get such a mail, be sure the attachments are not .exe, .vbs or have an extension that you are not familliar with.

file extentions that are safe:

1. Music: .mp3, .wav. ogg or similar
    2. Pictures: .jpg, .tiff, .bmp, .gif etc.
    3. Movie clips: .avi, .mpg, .mkv, .ogg, .flv, etc.
    4. raw text files: .txt, .rtf

potentially unsafe file extensions:

.exe, .com, .vbs, .rar, .zip etc.

the unsafe ones are a good idea to scan with the AV program first or just after you downloaded them.

Some pages also send a virus to your computer as soon as you visit the page (or view the mail. So make sure to scan your computer regularly and keep your virus definitions up to date.

Make s

use ccleaner.exe

If you are surfing on the internet through your home PC then i will suggest you to buy any license version of Anti-virus software. Because it will assure you guaranteed protection from the viruses and malware because daily thousands of virus arrives and it virus definition should be that much strong to protect the system.

Dr. V Guest

Clear out your temporary internet files, history, and cookies on a regular basis. You can find this infomation in your Windows folder.

use ccleaner and malwareantybitesmalware -both free

for an antivirus try KAV- the 2009 version offers a 30 day trial and i believe it´s the best

go to kaspersky.com and download the trial.

i´m using the 2010 version

just be smart. if u go to a site that looks bad, or u know u shouldnt be going to, than it probaly has a vrius

if u go to that site and Download something, u are inviting touble

Get a good anti virus program
    and your good

use a good antivirus, I think New one Antivir (personal edition free) for virus protection and what ever the thing the file saved temp. in your sys. while browsing, Use CCleaner, in that choose the system to run auto when sys start, then ur net temp, recycle bin, start menu, unwanted destop item, wipe free space all reset what u set at first, ----- all u can enjoy real net speed and all

I will recommend you to use Norton Internet Security. According to me it is best software to use. If you surfing net regular it acts a tool which block spyware, it is a 2 way firewall, it protects your identity on internet, identify protection, anitphishing, network security and much more. If you have enough RAM in your system then this will not create any issue. Because Norton eats up more system resource. A full fledged and completely functional tool which offers you maximum security.

I also suggest using Norton Internet Security, it not only has the virus protection you definitely want but also has several other features. It has a firewall, e-mail scanning, spam detection, safe website verification, etc. It's quit reasonably priced and the package is actually good for use on three computers.