Thread: Windows is Not Genuine... sort of

unsure Windows is Not Genuine... sort of

I built the computer that I'm now using about a year ago. When faced with the hundreds of dollars I'd have to spend on the OS, I was relieved to find that my college had an arrangement with Microsoft that allowed those of us in the Computer Science field to download a copy for free.

Here's the problem: I couldn't figure out how to download the .iso file onto a disk. I just couldn't figure out the right kind of disk, right kind of software, etc.

My step-brother offered me a solution. He had a pirated copy of windows already on a disk, and he said I could just use my validation key when it asked for it. I unwittingly agreed. Now my OS is seen as pirated (so I get the messages) and I've admittedly used some work-arounds in order to continue updating.

Some of you may think the only solution is to wipe everything and start over. I'm not even going to consider that option. Is there anything that I can do? Will attempting to activate windows online help or just hurt?

Re: Windows is Not Genuine... sort of

Which operating system have you installed in your system? If you are getting the windows genuine messasge then simply click on it and when it will ask for activation, you just put the serial keys of the original disk to activate the installed version of operating system in your build and it will surely solve this issue, or else completely wipe off OS as you have described.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Hey Man
    What Is Your Computer Name And I Can Active Your Windows Any Kind Of It ...........free Don't Care
    HAVE A NICE DAY

My computer name is Ultima...n my OS is windows 7..please help