Thread: My Guest Account is My Admin!! PLEASE HELP!

My Guest Account is My Admin!! PLEASE HELP!

I Dont Know How To Change It Back To My User Account I Want My User Account To Be The Admin But Whenever I Go To Change Account Type And Change It To Admin It Just Stays On The Standard User Account! Is There A Shortcut Or Another Way To Make My User Accont An Admin Besides Useing Control Panel???? Please Help Me Guys!

My Admin Account Is My Guest Account And I Cannot Make Another Account An Admin! Please Help!

I Dont Know How To Change It Back To My User Account I Want My User Account To Be The Admin But Whenever I Go To Change Account Type And Change It To Admin It Just Stays On The Standard User Account! Is There A Shortcut Or Another Way To Make My User Accont An Admin Besides Useing Control Panel???? Please Help Me Guys!

re: My Guest Account is My Admin!! PLEASE HELP!

Go to "Desktop", right click on "My Computer", and then select "Manage". Expand "Local Users and Groups", select your user, right click on it and select "Properties". Now go to "Member Of" tab. Click "Add..." to add it to the "Administrators" group. Save the changes. Now repeat the same thing for your guest account and then remove it from the "Administrators" group.

Re: My Guest Account is My Admin!! PLEASE HELP!

For info: First Which OS you are using? XP or Vista? Boot in safe mode, press F8 in the start of boot, it will show one admin account at user login prompt , use that account to change the user type of account.
    A standard user account lets a person use most of the capabilities of the computer, but permission from an administrator is required if you want to make changes that affect other users or the security of the computer.

When you use a standard account, you can use most programs that are installed on the computer, but you can't install or uninstall software and hardware, delete files that are required for the computer to work, or change settings on the computer that affect other users. If you're using a standard account, some programs might require you to provide an administrator password before you can perform certain tasks.

Re: My Guest Account is My Admin!! PLEASE HELP!

hey kraal i cant find local users and groups when i am in the manage section! what do i do? is there another way to get to it or is it hidden or something