| || |
| || |
Join Date: Apr 2008
Re: How to modify user information in Windows XP ?
If you want to change the company name that is displayed in the Office programs, then follow these steps:
- Click Start > click Run > type regedit > click OK.
- Try to locate and select the following key :
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\< GUID>
- where <GUID> is the Product Code for the version of Office that is installed.
- Double-click RegCompany in the Name column.
- Change the text in the Value data box, click OK.
- Locate and select the following key:
- On the Edit menu, click Rename.
- Type OldUserInfo, and then press ENTER.
- On the Registry menu, click Exit.
Note - If you are unable to locate the key, follow this -
- locate and select the following key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Installer/Userdata/S-1-5-18/Products/< GUID>/InstallProperties where <GUID> is the product code for the version of Office that is installed
- In the Name column, double-click RegCompany.
- Change the text in the Value data box, and then click OK.