Thread: BSOD error "IRQL not less or equal"

BSOD error "IRQL not less or equal"

Hi,

I am currently having issues with my Dell dimension E510. I started getting the BSOD error "IRQL not less or equal" I attempted to run the computer in safe mode to see if it was a virus. I started my antivirus scanner up and got a BSOD again.

So, I am unable to run it in safe mode. Seeing that my data was pretty much on a external hard drive I decided to reformat and fresh install windows. I start to delete the partition and do a fresh install. At 100% I get a "file can not be copied error" So I try to repair it. No files can repaired so I decide to skip. It is not successfully copying any files. I try to skip, then I get the same BSOD.

My first reaction it was the hard drive, because it could not have been a virus with a fresh install. So I purchased one and installed, same error. I am now thinking that it is a bad connection somewhere, or burnt out equipment.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help

Re: BSOD error "IRQL not less or equal"

After reading couple of issues with this error it seems there is issues with IDE driver. Get the latest drivers off the manufacturer site . Boot into safe mode, uninstall the drivers. Then reboot. Then . After you uninstall the drivers that are installed, delete its folder in C: then reboot / reinstall then reboot again.

That is the problem. I do not currently have windows installed. I decided to just fresh install windows. So, I have deleted the partitioned space, and am reinstalling now. I am however, still getting the errors. I have nothing to run into safe mode. So I do not think it could be a driver issue. I am checking out those other topics now.

Thanks.