Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Compaq Deskpro computer is password protected

Operating Systems

Old 22-07-2009

Compaq Deskpro computer is password protected

Hi........I have an old Compaq Deskpro computer in myu office with Pentium II running Windows 98 in it. I have been told to password-protect this office computer. I expect I can use a BIOS password before booting the operating system. But I cannot get into the BIOS setup by pressing different keys.
If there any other ways to password-protect this computer, I would like know the same......

Any body please provide useful information around this.... Thanks

Old 22-07-2009

Re: Compaq Deskpro computer is password protected

Can you provide me the serial number of the Compaq Deskpro ? Is it using any ISA card ? If ISA card is there, then for what purpose it is added, for a scanner,a printer, a network interface or communications adapter ?
Old 22-07-2009

TRY this --

Press F10 at the Compaq Logo at Bootup, and check. If this doesn't work, then it means the Setup/BIOS partition at the front of the hard disk is damaged or missing. In that case, you need to download Computer Setup for your model DeskPro from the Compaq website. Running this .EXE file will create a bootable diskette to allow you to enter the BIOS setup.
Old 22-07-2009

It seems that "Administrator Privileges" could be protected with a passwords in the BIOS AND 98. Make sure both the options are disabled. Also if you are using ISA card, then there might be conflict between his card and some compaq configurations.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,