Thread: Computer temporarily freezes

Computer temporarily freezes

Hi,
    I am running windows XP Pro on my desktop computer. I am using broadband internet connection. I have AVG antivirus installed on my PC. I also run applications like Spyware Blaster, anti-malware programs, etc. While browsing or using any software, my computer freezes for some time and agian starts working. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Computer temporarily freezes

You have many softwares installed on your system. Try uninstalling the unnecessary softwares like anti-spyware or anti-malware. Just upgrade to one good antivirus like Avast or Norton. Update your antivirus and run full system scan. Delete infected files if found. Try to keep more free space on your hard drive.

It can happen if there are too many temporary files on your system. Delete all the temporary file are folders which are not required. You can use defragment option for your hard drive which increases free space in your drive. Then kill the unnecessary process in task manager running on the background of your system. But check the process and make sure that you know it and it is not system requirement.

You can use Process Explorer to end the unnecessary process which are causing the freeze of your computer. The Process Explorer display consists of two sub-windows. The top window always shows a list of the currently active processes, including the names of their owning accounts. Select the process which displays high CPU usage. Then check and end such process causing the temporary freeze.