Thread: How to turn on or off hardware acceleration on Vista

How to turn on or off hardware acceleration on Vista

One of my friend has installed Vista RTM 32bit with Radeon 9600 Video card. Every things is working fine except the display. When i checked it, i guess that the video driver or its hardware aren't perfect. I need to have some hardware acceleration on this vista system. Could you guys please let me know how can i turn on or off hardware acceleration on Vista ?

Re: How to turn on or off hardware acceleration on Vista

To turn on hardware acceleration on Vista, just go through this simple steps:-

• Minimize all opened windows, than rightclick on the desktop, than click on Personalize and select Display Settings.

• In the Display Settings dialog box, click Advanced Settings than click the Troubleshoot tab and select Change Settings.

• Now Click Continue if you are prompted with a User Account Control message box.

• On the resulting Display Adapter Troubleshooter dialog box, move the slider one notch to the left and click OK.

• Click OK as many times as needed and close any windows that opened along the way.

• Now return to the Windows desktop.You can either acceleration a notch at a time to reduce the problem go away, or moved all the way to the left side, test, then if the treatments, try shifting it to the right of the problem comes back, then pull back a notch.

To turn off hardware acceleration on Vista, go to Personalize by right clicking on the Desktop and choose Display Settings.Now click on Advanced Settings.Now go to the Troubleshoot tab. Click Change Settings and Reduce hardware acceleration. Remember that turning off the system side of the hardware acceleration will slow down performance for all video applications, but it eliminates the black screen when starting and stopping recording applied "Turn off Hardware Acceleration While Recording" seems.

Windows uses your video driver for graphics and text and animation on the computer system. Some video cards and drivers have more advanced capabilities than others.Most of the time this works out well. Some times the Video manufacturer's own software can usually work better and faster than Windows itself. But sometimes there is a bug in the driver software and can't do everything it requires to do so.That 's when you have video problems in PowerPoint or other programs like. Whenever the back of the hardware acceleration a notch running, you 're telling Windows to another group of video tasks itself rather than to treat of running them to the video driver. The windows of these tasks in a simpler and slower way but it 'deal s more standardized and reliable, so let Windows handle it can eliminate the video problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon View Post
    To turn on hardware acceleration on Vista, just go through this simple steps:-

• Minimize all opened windows, than rightclick on the desktop, than click on Personalize and select Display Settings.

• In the Display Settings dialog box, click Advanced Settings than click the Troubleshoot tab and select Change Settings.

• Now Click Continue if you are prompted with a User Account Control message box.

• On the resulting Display Adapter Troubleshooter dialog box, move the slider one notch to the left and click OK.

• Click OK as many times as needed and close any windows that opened along the way.

• Now return to the Windows desktop.You can either acceleration a notch at a time to reduce the problem go away, or moved all the way to the left side, test, then if the treatments, try shifting it to the right of the problem comes back, then pull back a notch.
    When I try this I get as far as troubleshoot then when I go to click on change settings it tells me my current driver display does not allow changes to be made to hardware acceleration settings? how do I get it to allow me access?

This problem is due to your hardware driver problem so just try to update driver to latest version and try again ..

Quote Originally Posted by xylon View Post
    This problem is due to your hardware driver problem so just try to update driver to latest version and try again ..
    Iv done that and its still grayed out

I have the exact same problem. Can't access the "Change Settings".