Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

windows vista stuck on completing installation

Operating Systems

Old 21-07-2009

windows vista stuck on completing installation

I am having a Dell laptop having recently installed Vista Ultimate& after the installation is complete it gives me problem after the first reboot is done....! The Vista gets Hang after the first reboot done & then it always hangs whenever i start my laptop.... I am now not able to start my computer as it hangs everytime... Can anyone solve this problem...??? Please Help...!

Old 21-07-2009

Re: windows vista stuck on completing installation

Have you done a clean installation??? What did you do after the installation was complete??? What is the specification of your laptop???? Is your Vista Disc working perfectly ??? I will suggest you to Download or buy new Disc of Vista ultimate & then try to install as per me it might be the problem with your Disc of Vista...!
Old 21-07-2009

There many consequences of computer getting hang so firstly i will ask you what & haw much Ram are you using???? Because you require minimum of 2GB of RAM for Vista to perform perfectly...! If your are using less then 1GB of Ram it definitely going to Hang your computer...! Is giving any error when it is hang on your computer...!
Old 21-07-2009
Dr. V

Also there can be the problem with Bios Version I think you might be having the the problem with Bios having the old version... So you require to update the your bios version...!
Old 21-07-2009

There are some similar threads made here.... Just have a look at it.... I think if the above solution doesn't work you may find the solution over here...! Hope this may give the solution you require...!

On Completing Installation Windows Vista Ultimate Hangs?
Vista Installation freezes at Completing Installation stage.
http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...all/874088.htm
Vista Business-Clean Install-Hangs after First (1st) ReBoot during 'Completing Installation' HELP!!!!
Old 30-06-2011

Try going into BIOS (F2 on boot up), change the SATA in BIOS from ACHI to ATA. Re-install Vista, this should fix the hang.

This is probably defunct now, can't wait till they bury Vista for good.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , , , ,