Thread: Problem with listening to music with SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio card

jade Guest

Problem with listening to music with SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio card

Heya,

Guess you guys are freaking out.I have SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio,and installed codecs .. i have an issue with my sound card whenever I try to open some of music files gets cracking and fluctuating output genuinely those files are not corrupted. this happens all the time when I try to play any file with any player.

any thoughts guys??

Re: Problem with listening to music with SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio card

May be you try to do this right click on my computer, properties,hardware in order to launch the devices manager,If you are able to notice any yellow question marks which undirectly tells that you have'nt got a driver installed.if its audio right click and click update driver then follow the wizard. You may have lost your driver.if you are getting enough annoyance can you make use of System Restore to a working destination

what kind of motherboard is it ?.the codecs possibly degrade the sound some time .but there are three different sound drivers for your sound chipset based upon which motherboard the sound chipset is on.you better probe you are loading the right module.on the other hand there can be two things that make weird sound buffer size, or bus latency set too short prob more also. as root you just run this command
    lspci -v
    and note what it says the sound card is over on the left it will say something like 02:0a.0 or something for your soundcard
    now use the cammand
    setpci -v -s <cardname> latency_timer=ff
    for me with 02:0a.0 that would be
    setpci -v -s 02:0a.0 latency_timer=ff
    see if that helps

Can you disable the onboard audio. I found for my new sound card, it seems to be working, so far with out any crisis. Not sure it I want to gamble and try to install Win Media. I have Real Player and the SoundBlaster software that also plays and records and it is working in good way am so happy