Thread: Unable to open the files in Win XP

Unable to open the files in Win XP

Hello,

I am not able to open any file in WinXp.
    Earlier it was opening before i downloaded a DVD rip from a site using bit torrent. When i was playing the file in windows media player it asked for the liesence acquisition and asked to download the file then i clicked on download and after downloading it all the files associations with the files are missing i cant even open the REGEDIT and msconfig also. i am also not able to open the files in safe mode also.
    Please provide the solution

Regards,
    Kumar

Tylon Foxx Guest

Re: Unable to open the files in Win XP

in that case, you got a pretty bad virus.

As a rule of thumb, anything like pictures, movies and music cannot by itself contain viruses, but the Media Player license system can be exploited to contain a virus.

Safely to say, you can't install an antivirus program, and you can't do a system restore (system restores dont work with viruses). And since your computer caught a particularily bad flu, all you can do is reformat and reinstall windows.

I suggest only backupping picture, movie, music and disk image files except for the DVD rip you got by using a Linux Live CD (Windows viruses cannot spread through Linux) through ubuntu.com and preferably doing a zero-wipe of ALL yor disks.

The Roadstarter 2.0 disk (look for it on google) should be able to accomplish all this, including government standard disk wipes (with Active Kill Disk in the Hiren's boot disk section, it should be able to do a US DoD standard wipe). However, you should remember that a complete disk wipe does eliminate any trace of the virus.... and your data.

Unable to open the files in Win XP

In this case you need to format your computer and re-install your Operating system because your PC has being infected Virus and i would suggest you to get a latest antivirus fro your computer and before downloading anything from internet make sure it doesn't have any virus with it or else if you want any software then try to download it from officially site because it's virus free.

Re: Unable to open the files in Win XP

License acquisition is the process of obtaining a license from a DRM license server to allow your device to play back DRM-protected content. Licenses are associated with the combination of a specific device and a specific piece of content.

Windows CE-based devices cannot act as DRM license servers.

The process of license acquisition can be either silent or nonsilent:
    In a silent acquisition, the entire process of negotiating the request for, and acceptance of, the license takes place between the Windows CE-based device and the licensing server without any user input or interaction.
    In a nonsilent license acquisition, the user will be asked for information and confirmation before the digital certificate is transferred. This process is facilitated by the license acquisition OCX.