Thread: System recovery cd for gateway

System recovery cd for gateway

I have a gateway laptop, Gateway P-7811FX. It came with Windows Vista. Something went wrong with the laptop and it cannot boot into windows at all. The most saddest part is i lost System recovery cd for gateway. I have a friend who has the cd, but how do i use the cd? I will get it from him. But first guys, i want to know how to use it? What is the system recovery disk?

Re: System recovery cd for gateway

You can use the system recovery cd to restore your computer's operating system if in case your operating system is damaged or corrupt. Using the System Recovery cd will load the default OS settings on your laptop and the OS will be like its on a brand new laptop...

Your System Recovery CD is nothing but the Windows Vista Installation cd with predefined computer settings. This CD can be used to repair your operating system installation when you have damaged the operating system on your laptop. Just boot from the CD and select repair install, and the rest of the thing will be taken care by the CD itself...

If its same as the OS installing disc, can i use this cd to install same Windows Vista on another laptop? Is this possible? Or this can happen only on my laptop? What is the main difference between the two discs : Windows Installation disc and System Recovery disk?

Windows Installation disc, is the Disc from which you can install windows operating system on your computer/laptop. System Restore Disc is similar, but not the same. It has the installation image of your hard disk. If you use system recovery disc, your computer will have all the softwares and Windows OS on your computer when you purchased the computer/laptop. But using this will erase all the exisiting data in the first partition that is on which Windows is installed...