Thread: Vista does not show all files thumbnails

Vista does not show all files thumbnails

I have Windows Vista Home Premium. I think something is wrong with my computer and i need your help to get this problem of mine to be solved. Windows Vista does not show all files thumbnails if i open a folder which contains all image files. Is it a problem? Do i need to download any update patch or something like that? Please help guys. This happens sometimes and sometimes it works absolutely fine.

Re: Vista does not show all files thumbnails

Windows Vista is a buggy and slow Operating System. When did this problem start? Did you notice it? Did you install a new image editing software? Or did you install new Windows Updates? There are so many factors that can lead to this problem. Do you keep on deleting thumbs.db file from the image's folder? It is a thumbnail database and is important for keeping the track of thumbnails of each and every image in that folder. Do post back...

Thanks for taking time and trying to help me. Well i have not installed any updates or new softwares. But i have a large music collection due to which i am running short of disk space. I did not notice when the thumbnails for some images started disappearing. Yes, i keep on deleting the hidden system file which is you mentioned thumbs.db. I thought it is just a useless file so i keep on deleting it every time i find it, but it comes back again. I have noticed one thing, that when i open the images folder, the address bar has a green background like it is loading someting, and it keeps on loading... What may be the problem? Can this be solved? Thanks!

The green progress bar at the address bar is for loading the folder contents. That loading continues and takes a lot of time, that means indexing service is off... This makes the computer fast but, loading the folders which are not being indexed takes time to load. Vista is a resource hog operating system. Also you have low disk space. And you also delete the thumbnails database file, which makes the database file to be created again when you visit the folder, All these factor are responsible for the problem you are facing. See what you can do...