Thread: Modem Status Icon Missing

Modem Status Icon Missing

Since I was forced to re-install Windows XP SP3, I have lost control over the icons next to the clock , The most annoying is the lack of "safe Removal of device and so now I am forced to remove my USB key, by right clicking on it and then "Eject" before the disconnection.these are not much issue , the real problem is that missing of Modem Connection Status icon , please Tell me How can i Solve this issue , Thanks in advance

Dr. V Guest

Re: Modem Status Icon Missing

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! is only valid software for Windows XP. It allows you to customize the taskbar notification area and the Quick Launch toolbar , Despite being small in size, its interface is clear and simplified

The various options proposed by Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! are:
    Notification Area
    • Hide or show all the icons
    • Show or hide inactive icons
    • Remove old icons
    • Show icons missing
    • Restore or remove the clock
    • Disabling notification bubbles
    • Remove the Notification Area
    • Delete icons "selective" (also from the System Configuration Utility / Register)
    • Disable the warning message space

Right click on task bar. then click properties. In task bar & start menu property window, click customize and change behavior of tray icon to 'hide when inactive' or 'always show'. If it does not work, 'Run' msconfig '& check all the items on' Startup 'tab. and To show an icon in notification area when connected to network, follow these steps: Open Control Panel.then Open Network Connections.after that In the Network Connections dialog box, select the Dial-up, LAN, or High-Speed Internet connection that needs to be repaired, click File, and then click Properties.In the Local Area Connection Properties dialog box, click the check box for Show icon in notification area when connected to network, and then click OK. The icon appears in the System Tray and temporarily has a status bubble. In the Network Connections dialog box, click File and then click Close.

To configure this setting for each item in the Notification area, follow these steps:
    1. Right-click the taskbar and select Properties.
    2. In the Notification area, make sure that Hide inactive icons is selected, and then click Customize.
    3. Select the item that you want to configure, and then select the behavior setting that you want in the Behavior list.
    4. Click OK.

The settings in the Behavior list are as follows:
    • Hide when inactive - Item is automatically hidden when it has not recently been clicked or updated by its associated program.
    • Always hide - Item is always hidden.
    • Always show - Item is always visible.

Hide when inactive is the default setting for all Notification area icons.This behavior can be disabled altogether by clicking to clear Hide inactive icons in the taskbar properties.