Thread: GDI Memory in Windows XP

GDI Memory in Windows XP

I am using Windows XP in my computer. I recently changed my monitor setting from 800x600 to 1024x768 resolution & showing me the leak of GDI Memory... Can someone Help Please...??

Re: GDI Memory in Windows XP

What is GDI ???

The Graphics Device Interface (GDI) is a Microsoft Windows interface of programming of applications and operating system basic component responsible for the representation of graphical objects and its transmission to the output devices such as monitors and printers.

GDI is responsible for tasks such as drawing lines and curves, rendering fonts and handling palettes. It is not directly responsible for drawing windows, menus, etc.; that task is reserved for the user subsystem, which resides in user32.dll and is built atop GDI. GDI is similar to Macintosh's QuickDraw.

This problem can occur only when all of the following conditions are met :

• The device context mapping mode is set to MM_ISOTROPIC or MM_ANISOTROPIC (via a call to SetMapMode()).

• A new font of any type is selected into the device context (via a call to SelectObject()). It is assumed that the font handle returned by SelectObject() is stored by the application for later reselection into the current device context.

• The window extents or viewport extents are changed (via a call to SetWindowExtEx() or SetViewportExtEx()).

• A previous font is selected back into the device context. This is where the memory leak occurs.

There are many solution given by Microsoft Support I think it will solve your problem. I have given the direct link to it just have a look at it...! Hope it helps you..!

MFC applications leak GDI objects
    GDI Memory Leak
    Memory Leak in GDI
    The FontConverter GDI object causes a memory leak