Thread: Boot nlite from usb

Boot nlite from usb

I'm having an ultra portable laptop which don't have an integrated optical drive on it. I would like to know that is there any way to extract an nLite-generated ISO, which i can use it to boot boot nlite from usb thumb drive in order to install Windows on my system? Does any body knows about it kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: Boot nlite from usb

For that you need to have nLited files extracted and not an ISO image. If you are having a large enough thumbdrive, then you can use the original XP files and complete the entire process. then you nee to delete the files off the thumb drive and copy over the nLited files.

In order to do that, you need to follow the below steps mention.

1) Firstly you need to download nLite from the official nLite website.
    2) Download hotfixes: SP3 hot fix is available now. Use either SP2 or SP3 hotfix depending on the version you're using (SP3 is preferred).
    3) Then you need to install nLite on your system.
    4) Create a folder and copy the XP installation files (everything) from CD to that folder.
    5) Run nLite, in the welcome window, click Next to Locating the Windows installation window. Click the “Browse” button to locate the folder that you created. Click “Next” and nLite will check your Windows version information.
    6) Click “Next” to Preset window. In the first run, you don’t have any preset ini files. It will show empty here. Click Next.
    7) In the Task Selection window, select all except Service Pack and Drivers. We already have SP3, or have slipstreamed it if necessary. If you select driver, nLite can embed the drivers into XP installation. I think it is not a good idea to add Eee drivers into XP installation, because we need to run ACPI before install Eee drivers.
    8) Click “Next” to Hotfixes, Addons and Update Packs window. Click “insert” to insert hotfixes and addons.
    9) Click “Next” to Components window, and also in the popup Compatibility window. This is just to avoid you accidentally removing important components for selected function. You don’t need to select anything and click OK.

All that is needed for AutoStreamer to work is a source (that being an original Windows CD or a local share) and a Service Pack file. With this you can create new Windows installtions CDs with the proper Service Pack already installed." Also, the "XP on usb stick" is NOT necessarily "portable" between different systems, if you need something that is "guaranteed" as portable, you will need something more like BartPE/Reatogo/UBCD4WIN/Winbuilder, i.e. a PE based system on the stick. "AutoStreamer is a easy and quick slipstreamer for Windows Operating Systems.