Thread: Create an elevated user through command prompt

Create an elevated user through command prompt

Hi
    I can create a new user account through the Add user command.but in default it doesn't allow the administrative rights.I can't now access "users-admin" through an interface. i would like to get some thing how can i create a new user that will administrate the system.

Thanks in advance for your any valuable help.!!

Re: Create an elevated user through command prompt

In order to do this run cmd.exe as an administrator.so that you can see “Administrator” will be pre-pended to the title bar of the window.This functionality is not enabled for all programs.This is designed for scenarios where you have multiple command windows open and you want to know which ones are elevated.Elevation should be rare and for a very short duration.but i recommendation is that you keep the elevated CMD on your desktop for as short a duration as possible so as to avoid any inadvertent changes to your computer without further UAC prompts.

Dr. V Guest

By default, the prompt that the system presents you in a command prompt window shows the current drive letter and the full pathname. This prompt is configurable. For a list of configurable options, go to a command prompt and type.if you are an existing user use sudo usermod -a -G admin username in order to add this user in the admin group

In order to begin command prompt session with all Administrator privileges, you need to choose "Run as administrator" from those context menu.and if you are running as Administrator, the command prompt title will show as "Administrator: Command Prompt" instead of the regular window which must be easier to tell when multiple command prompt windows are running.for creating the new administrative account this code will do this purpose sudo usermod -a -G admin username,here -a flag is for append, and the -G is for a secondary group