Thread: After installing ubuntu unable to boot windows and cannot find ntldr

After installing ubuntu unable to boot windows and cannot find ntldr

I had Windows in my NFTS partition and than I decided to install Linux, Ubuntu version. So I created another partition in order to install it.
    But since I installed Linux, i cannot boot windows anymore! I downloaded XP Pro and gave it access to 10gb of my hard disk- the rest was still Ubuntu 7.10. Of course, the windows bootloader took over from GRUB. what I have is a blinking cursor on the top on the left in my screen. In fact i have my windows partition in hda1, so the command is right.

I can see my windows partition from linux (i used the command mount), but of course I can only read those files.

Re: After installing ubuntu unable to boot windows and cannot find ntldr

I also had the same problem and it took very long time to solve, so here i will share my experience to you, I downloaded the ISO for the latest version of Super GRUB and burned it to a DVD+R disc but that doesn't seem to be able to boot from the BIOS, even when I chosoe to boot from CD. It hangs for a bit and the drive spins, but it then stops and I get 'Cannot find operating system'.

Re: After installing ubuntu unable to boot windows and cannot find ntldr

grub was probably installed on your main, windows hard drive. You could try to reinstall grub. Grub is the better of the two linux bootloaders, I use a boot manager called GAG. Then, I install linux boot loaders into the root partitions or superblock of the relevant linux distros. When you installed ubuntu, the boot order in the BIOS was probably set like it was when you were running windows alone.