Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2009

How to boot up straight to desktop in windows XP

I have WindowsXP Home Edition. I had to do a fresh install on my computer. I t was crashing alot so I put in a new hard drive. How do I get XP to skip the accounts logon and boot straight to the desktop?? Thanks for your input.
Old 11-07-2009

Re: How to boot up straight to desktop in windows XP

For booting up straight to desktop in windows XP, go to Control panel - user accounts - change the way users log on and off - take the check mark out of use welcome screen - click apply options, then restart the pc.
Old 11-07-2009

To boot up straight to desktop in windows XP, Go to Start, click on Run, and Type control userpasswords2 . Clear the check box captioned Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer. Click OK. Enter the user name and password for the account you want to log in to at start-up.
Old 11-07-2009

Use PowerToys Tweak UI to boot up straight to desktop in windows XP, This PowerToy gives you access to system settings that are not exposed in the Windows XP default user interface, including mouse settings, Explorer settings, taskbar settings, and more.
Old 13-07-2009

simply have only single user a/c and dont set any password, you wish will b fulfilled.

else using Tweak UI, goto logon/ auto logon and check the box their for the user u want.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: