Thread: Computer does not respond to mouse click

Computer does not respond to mouse click

My Logitech MX510 Optical Mouse not working properly. The problem is when I restart my computer windows xp system does not find the mouse, it is visible in device manager but computer does not respond to mouse click. I have tried to unplug the mouse and replug but no fix. Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.

cheap_kaspersky Guest

Re: Computer does not respond to mouse click

Quote Originally Posted by sam007 View Post
    My Logitech MX510 Optical Mouse not working properly. The problem is when I restart my computer windows xp system does not find the mouse, it is visible in device manager but computer does not respond to mouse click. I have tried to unplug the mouse and replug but no fix. Does anyone know what causes this issue and how to fix it?Any help will be extremely appreciated.
    Maybe your mouse spoiled, try another mouse if it is good then confirm your optical mouse is faulty

This behavior may occur if files from a previous installation of a pointing device remain on the computer. Files may remain even after the pointing device has been removed. Check this Guide for more information :The pointer moves erratically or does not respond

Did you inter-change the mouse and keyboard plugs? What change (new hardware, updates, software installations) was made immediately prior to the devices' having stopped working? Run a scan disk to see if you have any bad sectors on the drive that may be causing an issue.

Check this thread for more information : Mouse freezes intermittently
    Intermittent usb mouse, cursor freeze-up
    Wireless keyboard and mouse not working
    Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2000 stops responding

If it is a wireless optical mouse, then the batteries may need to be changed
    Control panel - System - Hardware - Device Manager - [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/HP_Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]Universal Serial Bus Controllers.For each entry highlight each one and remove/uninstall each one.Restart your computer