Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to get rid of password on startup

Operating Systems

Old 11-07-2009

How to get rid of password on startup

hello everyone,

Everytime I start my computer, it asks me to enter my password..Actually, my name is already there and it's really becomes irritating to put password everytime on startup. I want to get rid of this...I have Windows XP operating system. Can I get rid of password on startup ?? how ??
please help..!!!

Old 11-07-2009

Re: How to get rid of password on startup

1. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Network.

2. On the Configuration tab, click Windows Logon in the Primary Network Logon box, and then click OK.

3. When you are prompted to restart your computer, click No.

4. In Control Panel, double-click Passwords.

5. On the Change Passwords tab, click Change Windows Password, select any of the check boxes that you want, and then click OK.

NOTE: If you cancel the network logon dialog box when you start your computer, the Change Passwords tab may not be available. You must log on so that the Change Passwords tab is available.
    In the Change Windows Password dialog box, type your current Windows password in the Old Password box. Leave the New Password and Confirm New Password boxes blank, click OK, and then click OK.

6. On the User Profiles tab, verify that the All users of this PC use the same preferences and desktop settings option is selected, and then click Close.

7. Click Start, point to Search (or Find), and then click For Files or Folders.

8. Type *.pwl in the Named box, click Local Hard Drives in the Look in box, and then press ENTER.

9. Right-click one of the .pwl files, click Rename, and then rename the file with an .old file name extension. Repeat this step for each .pwl file.

NOTE: If you do not rename the .pwl files, the passwords from those files may be detected by Windows and the Windows Logon request may continue to appear.

10. Shut down and then restart your computer.
Old 11-07-2009

You can get around this by removing username and password and clicking OK.
I think it will say something like "No usename or password ". Click OK again.
Otherwise, click on Cancel and let it Bootup. [dont click on X]

Now Restart and check..
This should hopefully work..
Old 11-07-2009

Check the following threads ::

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,