Thread: Vista Service Pack 2 Won't Install

Vista Service Pack 2 Won't Install

Hello,

I have a problem installing Service Pack 2 for Vista. I have downloaded the update directly from the site (not update) and when I run the installation, right after the screen "Preparing your computer" screen " an unknown error occurred" appears with the 0x800f080d code. I have looked in the error codes listed by Microsoft, but cannot find solution has anyone an idea?

thank you in advance.

Re: Vista Service Pack 2 Won't Install

One of the most common causes of failure is a third-party application that dont allows to open and locks the files that Setup of Service Pack 2 seem to use. For example, an antivirus or firewall can cause this problem.

Download SP2 directly from Microsoft Download Center: (Do not start installation at the end of download)

Download SP2 for Vista 32 bit
    Download SP2 for Vista 64 bit

But Remember to Restart the computer to release all the files that could be used by blocked applications. Disable any security software that can be loaded during the startup process: antivirus, anti-spyware, firewall ... then Start the installation of SP2.

If SP2 is still refusing to settle, then you might be needed to uninstall all security software (antivirus, third-party firewall, anti-spyware) through Add and remove Programs and Features, Make sure you are in possession of the license numbers before uninstalling. Restart the computer to complete the proper uninstallation in the registry. after that Start the installation of SP2. and then Reinstall the security software.

You Can Run the tool to analyze the installation of the system updates of Windows Vista Service Pack 2 ,Run this tool to analyze the installation of the system updates

Download the tool for analyzing the installation of the system updates from Microsoft:

Download for Vista

Launch the program by double-clicking the file you just downloaded. Restart the computer. Also Download SP2 directly from Microsoft Download Center and install it