Thread: The time service is now synchronizing the system time with the time source

The time service is now synchronizing the system time with the time source

Event ID: 35
    Message: the time service is now synchronizing the system time with the time source time

I am getting the above error message when my clients are logging in to computer. I have ISA 2008 on my Windows Server 2008. The windows Time service is set to automatic and is running, logging on as 'Local service'. Can anyone help me?

Re: The time service is now synchronizing the system time with the time source

The Windows Time service (W32time) synchronizes local time with a time source. The Windows Time service on a domain controller can be configured as either a reliable or an unreliable time source. The Windows Time service running on a client will attempt to synchronize its time source with servers that are indicated as being reliable. The Windows Time service can configure a domain controller within its domain as a reliable time source, and it synchronizes itself periodically with this source. So don't worry. This is a normal condition.

Just configure the Windows Time service as follows to use an internal hardware clock.
    1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    2. Look for the following registry entry:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Config\
    3. In the right pane, right-click AnnounceFlags, and then click Modify.
    4. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, under Value data, type 5, and then click OK.
    5. Enable NTPServer.
      • Look for the following registry subkey:
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\TimeProviders\NtpServer\
      • In the right pane, right-click Enabled, and then click Modify.
      • In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, type 1 under Value data, and then click OK.
    6. Exit Registry Editor.
    7. At the command prompt, type the following command to restart the Windows Time service, and then press ENTER:
      net stop w32time && net start w32time
    8. To reset the local computers' time against the time server, run the following command on all the computers except the time server:
      w32tm /resync /rediscover

Try this command:
    w32tm /resync [/computer:<computer>] [/nowait] [/rediscover] [/soft]
    Tells a computer that it should resynchronize its clock as soon as possible, throwing out all accumulated error statistics.

where,
    computer:<computer> - computer that should resync. If not specified, the local computer will resync.
    nowait - do not wait for the resync to occur; return immediately. Otherwise, wait for the resync to complete before returning.
    rediscover - redetect the network configuration and rediscover network sources, then resynchronize.
    soft - resync utilizing existing error statistics. Not useful, provided for compatibility.