Thread: Video freezes with Vista

Video freezes with Vista

I don't know why is this happening. From last couple of days, whenever i am playing any video on my Vista computer, system gets freezed. Its Vista Home Premium with dual core AMD processors and nVidia GeForce 7150. Lots of times it happens with .wmv format. Any suggestion for this problem ? Why the video freezes on My Vista ?

Re: Video freezes with Vista

This kind of freezing problem probably exist if these are online streams. If the video is online than nothing on your end to confirm the issue, unless you have a rather slow Internet connection and that can promote.And if these are any local files, sounds like your codec pack is somewhat outdated. You can download the DivX codec package and also try to upgrade your Windows media Player.Also make sure the video drivers etc. have installed properly on the system.

Yeah, i am on cable internet wifi. but i don't think its a internet's speed problem. I have a good speed. I have also installed version 10 of Adobe Flash Player with plugins. As you told to check all the drivers, i checked and all are correct,i even reinstalled Flash player again. What to do now ?

Have you installed any new software lately, maybe something is clashing in this situation. Also check the RAM. Or i can suggest you to run the system heath report, may be it can help you. To run system health report, go to Control Panel than click on System and Maintenance. Noe go to Performance Information and Tools, and click on Advanced Tools on the left side.