Thread: Windows xp vhd boot

Windows xp vhd boot

Hello buddies,

just curious to know,i did not try it.but wondering can i genuinely create a windows xp vhd boot from windows 7 boot loader ?have you any of you guys thought about this before..

any suggestions ?
    thanks for any opinions..

Re: Windows xp vhd boot

Yes i think you can do it by your own.means a developer could easily use WPF and the full GPU processing power of a high end graphics card. In another scenario, this technology makes it easy to setup and run Windows Server 2008 R2 with the Hyper-V role, thus supporting 64 bit virtualization workloads.I am sure this will change as Windows 7 goes through the beta and RC stages on its way to RTM and we’ll update this as necessary.

Dr. V Guest

With “VHD Boot” you can boot your whole Windows which is out of a Virtual Hard Disk file.
    install a VHD-Boot machine
    Boot your computer with a setup DVD or USB stick.At the setup screen, choose “Repair your Computer”.At the next screen click the empty space and press Next.now you will get the “System Recovery options” screen.
    Enter diskpart to start the partitioning utitlity.
    Create a new VHD file by entering the following
    create vdisk file=”D:\pathToVhd.vhd” type=expandable maximum=maxsizeInMegabyte
    In order to difference VHDs to add extra parameters parent=”D:\pathtoparent.vhd”.
    select the new VHD and attach it as a physical disk.
    elect vdisk file=”D:\pathToVhd.vhd”
    attach vdisk
    After that switch back to the setup window and start the setup.go ahead with the normal setup, but make sure you install to the correct disk

Concentrate to make a Virtual PC VHD , after that you could install Windows XP,then the first part of installation upon the first restart, halt the Virtual PC and make use of this VHD to boot.It should obviously remains to load Windows XP and install them on the VHD...
    but you have to modify BCD entries to boot totally from the VHD
    Copy your VHD file you have just made from a Virtual PC and have started installing XP, which you stopped before it got to the second part of the installation, to C:\winxp.vhd