Thread: How to recover lost photos and images ?

How to recover lost photos and images ?

Few days back, as I was deleting lots of stuff from my computeras well as from my mobile phone to reduce the load, I accidently deleted the photos and images that I wanted to keep from my hard-disk and memory card.

Is there any way I can get those photos back? or any tool that can recover these items ?
    please help.....

Dr. V Guest

Re: How to recover lost photos and images ?

Recovering digital photos from CDs, hard drives memory cards, digital cameras, iPods and other players is one of the most common data recovery tasks. Digital storage media are quite fragile compared to photographic prints, and digital camera users often make just a single copy of their precious pictures before deleting the original.
    This results in tragedy when the copy is lost or damaged and cannot be read.

If some of your irreplaceable photos seem to be lost: don't worry...unless the medium on which they are stored has been physically damaged - there is a good chance that you can get them back.

However, if the images were stored on a rewriteable medium such as a hard disk, CD-RW or memory card, some or all of the image files may have been overwritten. If this is the case, don't write to that disc or memory card any more until all the options for recovering your pictures have been exhausted.

There are many different photo recovery tools and general data recovery tools available, and many of them use different techniques to get your photos back. If one product can't recover your pictures, another might be successful.

If you are using Windows, you may try : PHOTO RECOVERY

• Photo Recovery is an easy to use image recovery software for Windows.
    • It can recover photos that have been lost or deleted from your computer hard drive or your digital camera memory card.
    • It can often recover photos even after a memory card has been formatted or corrupted.

If you accidentally deleted the photo images from your hard disk:
    Check the Recycle Bin.

To recover photos from a memory card.
    If the images you want to recover are on a Flash memory card or in your camera or iPod then they can still be recovered using the same type of recovery software. Photo recovery software accesses a memory card just as if it was a hard drive.
    If you are using Windows and your digital camera appears in Windows Explorer by the name of the camera rather than as a drive letter, you may need to take the memory card out of the camera and put it in a USB memory card reader before you can start the recovery.
    • Connect the memory card, camera or player so that it can be accessed like a removable hard drive.
    • Use photo recovery tools

Alfmeister Guest

You can very often recover deleted pictures from a camera memory card or USB Memory stick. However, to increase the chances of being able to recover pictures after they have been deleted you must not save any new photos, files or data to it.
    When you delete pictures (or any files) from a memory card or USB memory device the data itself isn’t deleted, just the file system pointers that says where the data for those files is located. The area where the deleted picture data was stored is also now marked as free space so it is available to the system for any new files to be written there instead.

If and when that happens, then it is too late to recover your deleted pictures so it is very, very important that new pictures or files aren’t saved to the memory card in the meantime.
    One of the easiest ways to see if your deleted pictures can be recovered is to try some photo recovery software. One tip is to try a free trial version of a commercial product that will scan the memory card for deleted pictures and show you exactly what pictures can be recovered. At least that will show you if you can recover the deleted pictures or if it’s too late already. You can find more useful information on recovering deleted pictures from a USB memory stick or camera card.

Use follwing software GET DATA BACK. It work with Windows XP as well.