Thread: Window 7 ICC/ICM profiles reset

Window 7 ICC/ICM profiles reset

I am working with Windows 7 RC (7100) and have encompassed a custom ICC/ICM profile that I am loading for the demonstration. The profile was engendered using a Spyder 2 and seems to create certain no tribulations in itself, on the other hand things similar to screen blanks and UAC warnings seem to reset the display (LUT) to defaulting (ie: I be unable to find my color management). The odd thing is it primarily starts by means of the accurate profile on reboot, additional than a small number of seconds later resets to the defaulting unmanaged state what should I do in this case.

Re: Window 7 ICC/ICM profiles reset

At the beginning I was using the ColorVisionStartup to load the ICC/ICM profile, on the other hand from the time when Windows 7 at present sustains and maintains color management out of the box, I completed it do the load (or tried to at first - it give the impression I had to generate a second profile using the Windows 7 tools previously it would let me utilize excavation, which was kind of curious, additional than whatever). I have in view of the fact that put out of action the ColorVisionStartup. In several cases, regardless of how I load the profile, it tranquil resets on screen blanks, UACs, reboots (subsequently a small number of seconds of being accurate), etc. Deceptively this was a Vista problem as well (in view of the fact that corrected) and others have in addition at present seen the Windows 7 tribulations.

I am not sure that it is superior or not but. The visuals driver is an Intel 945 Express and it's using the most recent Intel Windows 7 "beta" driver 8.15.10.1825. I do not have or comprise a dreadfully superior reason to be certain one method or additional, other than I suspect it might be an interaction concerning the "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Mobile" tool (which you cannot uninstall in defaulting of taking the driver by means of it) and the Windows 7 color management. I do not on the other hand imagine it's completely scrupulous to the Intel driver for the reason that it sounds similar to others using dissimilar drivers are having tribulations as well.

I have comprised accurately the similar tribulations by means of VISTA business. Accurately as you describe. I spent in excess of a week by means of MS support on these tribulations reinstalled VISTA additional than to no avail. This was total waste of my time. I am actually dissatisfied to hear then WIN 7 has not corrected the tribulations. In fact I am a professional photographer who does heavy photo editing impracticable by means of VISTA (and it seems that WIN 7 in addition). Guess I determine to have to maintain my XP apparatus forever or switch to a MAC.

Why are you still using a Release Candidate version of Windows ?

Do you have or encompass an NVIDIA graphics card in your system. It's a recognized tribulations that NVIDIA uses its own color profile (and does not hold up or maintain standard ICM and additional color profiles). And the NVIDIA driver loads this defaulting profile at a number of times throughout the login when the desktop is loading. The spyder software comes by means of a color profile loader. My explanation was to work this as the previous thing during logon. Additional than the entire in excess of again when the display is reset or something NVIDIA loads its own defaulting color profile the entire in excess of again.

I am working with Windows 7 release version or description (despite the fact that this in addition occurred in the RC version or description) and contain a custom ICC/ICM profile that I am loading for the display. The profile was created using a Spyder 2 and seems to encompass no tribulations in itself, on the other hand things similar to screen blanks and UAC warnings seem to reset the display (LUT) to defaulting (ie: I lose my color management). The odd fixation is it primarily starts by means of the accurate profile on reboot, additional than a few seconds later resets to the defaulting unmanaged state.