Thread: Windows 7 motherboard drivers

Windows 7 motherboard drivers

Where can i download Windows 7 motherboard drivers? I am in need of help guys. I switched from Windows XP to Windows 7. Everything worked perfect when i tried it on VMware. But Windows 7 doesn't seem to recognize a lof of device, i knew this when i had a look at Device Manager. Please Help!

Re: Windows 7 motherboard drivers

Nobody will be able to help you this way mate. Atleast specify which motherboard you use along with the model. Well you cannot just download any motherboard drivers. Insane! Post back!

I'm extremely sorry, in hassle i forgot to mention the most important detail. Once again sorry about that. Well mu motherboard is Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L. I don't know where will i get the drivers for Windows 7 for my motherboard. Please help guys!

Windows 7 takes all the drivers for Gigabyte GA-G31M-S2L motherboard except Gigabit Ethernet driver which is realtek drivers. You might have got the Driver CD for Windows Vista. Use that CD to install the drivers. Windows 7 take Windows Vista's drivers as the kernel of both the OS is same... All the best!

The motherboard you posted about largely uses the Intel chipset drivers, which _SHOULD_ be auto-detecting in Windows 7 (try hitting refresh in your Windows Update), and then also using Realtek for audio (Azalia) and for your ethernet/LAN drivers. For the LAN drivers, if Windows 7 isn't auto-detecting them, check here: http://tinyurl.com/la9ey and get it directly from Realtek. Pretty much as these different drivers are passing WHQL quals before the Windows 7 release, they are getting added to Microsoft's repository available via Windows Update. The most critical ones will likely be included on the DVD you install Windows 7 from when it becomes available on October 22nd. If you are looking for what company and parts have gotten Windows 7 specific drivers (so you don't have to use Vista drivers in compatability mode) then you can check the lists maintained over on the official Windows 7 RC Support Forum located here http://tinyurl.com/9fhdl5 .

Thanks for the link mate... The drivers were automatically detected but with an exclamation mark... But now it is solved. I had a vista driver CD and i installed drivers from it. Thanks to you all...