Thread: Any way to slipstream sata drivers in Windows Xp CD

Any way to slipstream sata drivers in Windows Xp CD

I am very confused with my new laptop. I bought a new Sony Vaio last week that came wit Vista Operating system, and as you all might be knowing all latest laptops have Sata Drive. Now what i need is to install Windows XP on the same laptop as i am still happy with it rather than Vista. But the problem is the XP installation CD does not have any SATA drivers in them. One of my friend suggested me to slipstream sata drivers in Windows Xp CD. DO anyone of you have any idea of doing that ? Please let me know....

Re: Any way to slipstream sata drivers in Windows Xp CD

Thats correct. We need to slipstream the drivers in Windows Xp installation CD to detect the SATA drives. To do this you need a software called nLite. To start the process, just go through this simple steps:-

• First download nLite and point the program to the directory where your Windows files reside.

• Make sure you have the required SATA drivers based on your motherboard. If you don't have it yet, than you can download it from Intel's Official site and extracted SATA drivers.

• Now insert Windows XP CD in to the drive and launch nLite.

• Copy the contents of XP CD to a new folder and name it of your choice.

• Now in nLite locate the Windows folder that you have made just now.

• Once located, click next and proceed to skip import or load previous settings step by clicking next and proceed to next step.

• In "Task Selection", choose "Drivers" and "Bootable ISO" by high-lighting them and click Next.

• Now at the bottom of the dialog box, click Insert than 'Single driver' to insert the driver.

• Locate to the folder where you extracted the SATA driver and select either one of the .INF file and click Next.

• Now you have to burn the process. Before that you will prompted with some windows just click on OK and Yes.

• Once burning process is complete, click on Finish and you are done.

The process to do slipstream or integrate the service packs and updates to an existing disk of the operating system installation was a complicated procedure for records and publishing various system files to retrieve. Thanks to the little software for making it easy. nLite is a very good program that makes it much easier. It has some useful features like Service Pack Integration,Component Removal , Unattended Setup,Driver Integration,Hotfixes Integration,Tweaks Patches and Bootable ISO creation. And the most of all, its free.

For more info and help with installing XP on SATA drives, you see this threads. Hope it will do for you :

Install Windows XP onto SATA without Floppy
    Slipstreaming My Hard drive Drivers

Step by step guide sounds comfortable. Thanks for making it so easy. That is all i needed. Well, i have the Sata drivers with me the all i need is to download nLite and start the process. Hope it works perfectly for me. I'll be back if any problem occurs. Thank you for helping me and help appreciated.