Thread: IIS Admin Service problem

IIS Admin Service problem

I running Windows XP SP2 along with having Server 2003 on my pc. The problem is that whenever i try to turn on my system, it keeps on giving me an error message that the iis admin service terminated with the following error: the data is invalid. I don't understand why i'm having such problem on my pc. Can any body provide me the correct solution to get rid of the above issue? Any kind of help on the above issue would be appreciated.

Re: IIS Admin Service problem

According to me, i think this error probably means that your machine key found in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys" had been deleted.

It seems to be that you have recently install IIS on your system. This error typically signifies that the metabase is been corrupted on your system. Are you able to start IIS Admin service that's net start iisadmin on your pc? If you had recently installed IIS on your pc, then the best way to get rid of the above issue would be is to remove IIS from your system and then try to re-install it back on your system.

You may experience the following symptoms on a computer that is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003:
    • The IIS Admin Service (Inetinfo.exe) crashes. In this situation, the following event is logged in the System log.

If you try to turn off the message tracking component in Exchange, you will no longer experience this problem on your pc.