Thread: Can i save system restore points on another drive

Can i save system restore points on another drive

Hello
    I have a question, but i don't know whether it is a blunder or not,anyway am just curious so here we go can i possibly change the drive where system restore points are saved by Vista
    i asked it because my windows and programs are installed on C: drive, but on the other hand E: drive, where I store data and files.
    Can I get Vista to save the system restore points on E instead of C,there i have enough space

any thoughts looking for a nice suggestion from veteran.

any helps would be brilliant.!!
    thanks

Re: Can i save system restore points on another drive

System Restore is a system recovery feature of Windows that creates snapshots, or restore points, of the state of your computer at various intervals or before you perform a certain task. No i don't think it is possible to change the location of restore point.the System Volume Information file is protected and you are not authorized to modify it's path...

Dude, it is not possible even if you have enough space on your E drive A system restore file should be on the drive/partition it is protected file.and you know on your machine every hard drive/partition has it's own System Volume Information folder for recovery of that particular partition/drive. and the operating system are made following this concept..so it you are denied to do this process

It is only possible to gain access to the System Volume Information folder,but you can't change it's location i mean to another hard drive since each drive has got it's on System Volume Information files which originally a a hidden system folder that the System Restore tool uses to store its information and restore points.It is a fact that we have a System Volume Information folder on every partition on your computer. you can see this by Clearing the Hide protected operating system files check box on your folder options.