Thread: iexplore.exe makes virtual memory high

iexplore.exe makes virtual memory high

I had installed Windows Xp as my operating system. The problem is that i'm having a problem with iexplore.exe on my system. When Internet Explorer starts on my pc, even with a single windows or more i try to browse, more the ie instance consumes memory. Sometimes it consumes more than 200000K memory and thus the virtual memory needs to be increased. So, can any body tell me that why does my iexplore.exe makes virtual memory high on my system? What i need to do in order to make it stable on my pc? Kindly provide me the correct solution to get rid of the above issue.

Re: iexplore.exe makes virtual memory high

Download Instant Memory Cleaner Instant Memory Cleaner an optimizer of your virtual memory is. Most of the times, high memory usage is caused by plugins like Flash, QuickTime, Realplayer or if you have a lot of tabs opened. If you want to lower the memory usage just close the window and restart IE.

Your RAM should be nothing to worry about. CPU usage can be affected by plugins, animations & the like. Virtual memory, also known as a page file or swap file, is a file on your hard drive (C:\pagefile.sys by default) that Windows and applications use in addition to physical memory (RAM) as needed. The default and recommended size of this file is 1.5 times the amount of physical memory.

But so long as it does not affect you, & so long as usage drops after closing the webpage, it also should not be a concern. First you need to determine which application is causing the problem. Hit Control-Alt-Delete to bring up Task Manager (on certain XP Professional configurations you'll need to click the Task Manager button after hitting Control-Alt-Delete). You can also access Task Manager by holding down Control and Shift and pressing Escape.

Go to the Processes tab in Task Manager. Here you will see a list of all the processes (applications or parts thereof) that are running on your system. You will see the memory usage here, but in my experience this very rarely has anything to do with problems running low on virtual memory.