Thread: Installing HITACHI 1TB driver on Compaq Presario laptop

Installing HITACHI 1TB driver on Compaq Presario laptop

Recently i had purchased a new Hitachi 1tb driver for my new Compaq Presario laptop. On that i had installed Windows Vista as my operating system. When i try to plug in the eSata cable, it doesn't show the drive appearing on my computer whereas it shows all the other drives on it. So, can any body provide me the correct solution for installing HITACHI 1TB driver on my laptop? Would be grateful to you if any body provides me the correct solution for the above issue.

Re: Installing HITACHI 1TB driver on Compaq Presario laptop

Even i was having the same issue, so i tried to format it by using Acronis from my laptop using an IDE/SATA to USB adapter. After doing that also, it didn't work out for me.

First try to look in to your device manager in order to make sure Windows Vista is seeing the drive. For that you need to click on Start orb. Then need in the Start Search box, you need to type device manager and press enter. Then you need to look for red x's and yellow exclamation points. Afterwards expand the different lists, especially under hard drives, controllers, and system devices. Then you need to look for your Hitachi drive and make sure it is listed. If not, you may need to install a driver from Hitachi for the drive to work properly.

Dr. V Guest

According to me, i think you need to initialize and format your drive. For that you need to follow the below steps mention.

1) For that you need to open the Control Panel, for that click on your start menu and then click on Control Panel.

2) Then you need to click on "System and Maintenance".

3) Then Scroll down and find the sub-heading "Administrative Tools". Then click on "Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions". (You will need administrative access for this.) After that click on ok or Allow when prompted by UAC.

4) A pop-up should appear once the Disk Management window has loaded, prompting you to initialize your new drive. Choose "Yes" or "Ok."

5) The drive will now initialize. Once it has finished, a new drive of unallocated space should appear in the Disk Management listing. (Unallocated space is usually represented by a white box with a black stripe across the top in the visual listing.)

6) Choose the Unallocated Space, right-click, and choose "Format". The default settings are usually the correct ones for your drive, but change them as desired. Click ok and confirm your choice if needed. Let the drive format. It will probably take some time, depending on size.