Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Reset Windows Server 2008 Administrator Password

Operating Systems

Old 06-07-2009

Reset Windows Server 2008 Administrator Password

Hey guys, I forgot the password for my admin account on windows server 2008, i wonder if there is anyway to recover this without formatting the system, i can't format the system now its having really necessary documents on desktop. Any utility to correct this problem ? Please help me if have any idea about this problem.

Old 06-07-2009

Re: Reset Windows Server 2008 administrator password

Download this Offline Password & Registry Editor, Bootdisk / CD

The bootdisk should support most of the more usual disk controllers, and it should auto-load most of them. Both PS/2 and USB keyboard supported.

Its tested on Windows NT 3.51, WIndows NT 4 (all versions and SPs), Windows 2000 (all versions & SPs), Windows XP (all versions, also SP2 and SP3), Windows Server 2003 (all SPs), Windows Vista 32 and 64 bit, and some say it works on Windows Server 2008 (32 & 64 bit).

See this youtube tutorial : Windows Password Recovery And Security Wipe Of A Hard Disk
Old 06-07-2009

Refer to following threads see if you can get the best solution for you:

How to recover Windows 2003 server local administrator password?
http://forums.techarena.in/vista-adm...on/1198882.htm
How to Reset / Recover Forgotten Windows NT / 2000 / XP / 2003/VISTA Administrator Password?
http://forums.techarena.in/vista-adm...on/1189777.htm

Also try this Microsoft guide: How to Change User Password at Command Prompt

Hope this helps. Good luck

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"
Old 06-07-2009

There is another solutions also available like Password Changer . There is a support for Windows 2008.

Quote:
Active Password Changer is designed for resetting local administrator and user passwords on Windows XP / VISTA / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 & Windows 7 systems in case an Administrator's password is forgotten or lost. You do not need to re-install and re-configure the operating system.

Forgotten password recovery software has a simple user interface, supports multiple hard disk drives, detects several SAM databases (if multiple OS were installed on one volume) and provides the opportunity to pick the right SAM before starting the password recovery process. It displays a list of all local users. The software user simply chooses the local user from the list to reset the password.

Other Windows login security restrictions like 'Account is disabled', 'Password never expires', 'Disable Force Smart Card Login', 'Account is locked out', 'User Must Change Password at Next Logon' and 'Logon Hours' can be changed or reset.
"How to install" and "How to start application" instructions for DOS and Windows Professional versions.

Download Password Recovery Software
Old 14-01-2011

Re: Reset Windows Server 2008 Administrator Password

Sorry for awaking the old thread, but i know many people have this problem.

Reset Windows Server 2008 local administrator password is easy, just as the post above said. But the problem is that- losing Windows 2008 domain password i had met. Quite sad for unkowning how to do, i don't want to reinstall my server……

Last edited by Maqbool : 14-01-2011 at 10:29 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.
Old 06-09-2011

When my company administrator gone with Windows Server locked, I used a professional Windows Server Password Resetting software Lazesoft Recover My Password Server Edition to clean the Server local password and reset the domain controller administrator password.
Old 12-11-2011

WE want to make a bootable USB for windows 2008 r2
Old 06-05-2012

I have tried Password Changer. It doesn't work..I eventually change my admin password using Password Recovery Bundle from top-password. I guess that Password Changer doesn't support domain password resetting on Windows Server 2008.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,