Thread: How to unlock a windows xp professional

How to unlock a windows xp professional

Hi
    I forgot my admin password . I cannot log onto the admin account that i created for myself . I want to install software. Is anyone know how to reset the password in windows xp professional ?

Re: How to unlock a windows xp professional

If you forget your password or if your password expires, there are two methods that you can use to log on to create a new password. One method is to use a password reset disk, if you have created one. By using the password reset disk, you can recover your user account and your personalized computer settings. Another method is to log on using the administrator account to delete the forgotten password and then to create a new password.

Windows XP Professional

• Restart the computer.
    • On the Windows XP logon screen, click the user name that you want to use, and then press ENTER.
    • Click Use your password reset disk. The Password Reset Wizard starts. The Password Reset Wizard enables you to create a new password for your user account.
    • In the Password Reset Wizard dialog box, click Next.
    • Insert the password reset disc into the CD drive, and then click Next.
    • Type a new password in the Type a new password box, and then type the password again in the Type the password again to confirm box.
    • In the Type a new password hint box, type a hint for the password, and then click Next.
    • Click Finish, and then try to log on to Windows XP again.

Login screen and press Ctrl+Alt+Delete two times, It will take you to the old 98 login screen. Now type in Administrator as the user, without a password, and login in, then go to control panel and make changes as you want.