Thread: Saving Windows Settings

Saving Windows Settings

Hello. If I Reformat or Change my Pc ,then what do you think of Using the files and settings transfer wizard in XP (Which can be Access from accessories/system tools/)?... I do not know about it real effectiveness and most importantly, I was wondering what happen when i cannot transfer my windows setting , Actually, one of my freinds saved the files and all settings but was unable to import it into his new computer .so i was a bit worried about it , please Tell me i Want to save my windows settings and import into my new computer, should i use File and settings transfer wizard

In my experience, it works 1 out of 2. The problem in general Happen During the transfer of accounts and Outlook mailboxes

transfer occurs if the same program (migwiz memory) is installed on both pc or network, or removable media (cd key) or by cable transfer. it must follow everything that is asked at the launch of the procedure ...

Re: Saving Windows Settings

Ensure the proper importing procedure
    Transfer the files and the settings to the new computer
    1. On the new computer, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Files and Settings Transfer Wizard.
    2. In the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard dialog box, click Next, and then click New Computer.
    3. Click Next, and then click I don’t need the Wizard Disk. I have already collected my files and settings from my old computer.
    4. Click Next, and then select a transfer method, such as Floppy drive or other removable media.

Note You must select the same transfer method that you selected on the old computer.
    5. Click Next, and then wait as the "Files and Settings Transfer Wizard" processes the items to transfer.
    6. Click Finish.

Re: Saving Windows Settings

It would be interesting to try with the commands and Scanstate Loadstate
    included in the USMT (downloaded from the microsoft technet).

According to MS, USMT 3.01 supports the transfer between OS of different languages.
    This would be ideal if:
    1. it had a GUI
    2. to customize the transfer it should not modify files.