Thread: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe error

C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe error

Hello good morning every one

Recently my computer underwent some changes in it's software and stuff's.so decided to do a system restore but when i try to do system restore all getting a error message which tells me that
    C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe a device attached to the system is not functioning. i have no idea what should i do to get rid of this situation can any body help me....
    please....

Re: C:\windows\system32\restore\rstrui.exe error

May be you can delete your old restoring points and try to make a New Restore Point to avoid possible reinfection from an old files.Some odd virus picked up could have been exist in the System Restore.
    Basically it is a safe directory where your can't remove these files, and causes to harm the computer.Configuring a fresh restore point will ease to get an optimized performance and enable your computer to "roll-back" to good old working condition

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your computer if you don't have it already
    Install mbam-setup.exe in to your computer with default settings, you should have connected to internet,when completed,make sure you leave both of these checked,update the database and finish it, now it will begin to perform a scan,if requested to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.once it is completed the can it will display all objects found" and now you continue with the removal process.
    so it will remove all the malware in your computer that might be conflicting to perform the restore action...

For me it is sounds like scarcity of system of files, just try to get the software Registry Easy it might help you a lot. you can see this thread also with any problem associated with system restore
    systemroot system32 restore rstrui.exe doesn't work
    best for you...