Thread: phoenix bios master password for laptop

phoenix bios master password for laptop

I really need the master bios password for the PhoenixBios 4.0 Release 6.0. Actually i change the password yesterday but i am not able to remember it now. trying from along time to open it but no result. Its hitachi 6380. What can i do now ? I just can't boot my laptop. Please help.

Re: phoenix bios master password for laptop

Removing the cmos battery can clear the phoenix passwords.go to the motherboard and take out the CMOS battery to reset the system.If you are not aware of doing that than you need to download the handbook for the laptop to find out where it is. If it doesn't work than you need to contact the company for more information. They can help you for sure. For more info, you can join the phoenix newsgroups.

Dr. V Guest

I think removing battery will not work because new laptops have Flash bios which won't get reset when we pullout the cmos battery.There maybe a universal password that you can get online to unlock it.Some motherboards have default passwords, but I've only seen them for desktops, not laptops so I'm not sure if it would work. So the only way to reset phoenix BIOS in this case is to find the software that kill BIOS. There is the one called Boot_Block_Jumper.rar. It can help lot.

flashBIOSv1.3.rar can also kill the phoenix bios master passwords in the laptop, but i recommend you to first try removing the cmos. For more solution for similar queries, see this:-

How to bypass BIOS Password
    How to recover BIOS password of Laptop Acer Aspire 3610