Thread: what is consumerinputua.exe?

what is consumerinputua.exe?

Hello,
    I have came across a process consumerinputua.exe in task manager. What is it? Is it harmful? Please suggest me something. I have no idea about it.

All suggestions are welcome.

Re: what is consumerinputua.exe?

Your system is infected by viruses. Update your antivirus and run system scan. Delete all the infected files and try to avoid browsing harmful sites. Also run anti-malware and anti-spyware application programs.

File ConsumerInputUa.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". Known file sizes on Windows XP are 53,248 bytes (33% of all occurrence), 54,272 bytes, 149,088 bytes. The program is not visible. The process starts upon Windows startup (see Registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run). The file is not a Windows core file. The program uses ports to connect to LAN or Internet. ConsumerInputUa.exe is able to monitor applications. Therefore the technical security rating is 54% dangerous, however also read the users reviews.

Source: file.net

It is normal computer process. It works for update function for Consumer Input Toolbar. Don't worry about it. It just a process for program.