Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2009

How to Delete Password From Sam File

Hello,
I have completely forgotten the password , I wanted to delete the password that I have set on windows xp installed on my desktop pc , my Freind Told that there is a file named sam at c:\windows\system32\config , if we Delete this File then We Can Start windows Without Password , the Problem I have tried a lot to delete the sam files but cannot do so ,Do you Have any other solution to these problem , or simply you can tell me how can i delete these sam file ,please Help Thanks in advance
Old 03-07-2009
Dr. V

Re: How to Delete Password From Sam File

If you have lost your password session and you are not the administrator of the system, it is necessary to ask the administrator to reset the password.
If you are the administrator, you can reset the password by searching from a DOS command all files (including hidden files) with the extension *. PWL. then at your own risk, delete the PWL file corresponding to the user with the following command:
DEL filename.pwl
Old 03-07-2009

Try Unlocker, if you get following message
  • Cannot delete file: Access is denied
  • There has been a sharing violation.
  • The source or destination file may be in use.
  • The file is in use by another program or user.
  • Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

Unlocker is the solution!
  1. Simply right click the folder or file and select Unlocker
  2. If the folder or file is locked, a window listing of lockers will appear
  3. Simply click Unlock All and you are done
Old 03-07-2009

If you have another user with administrator rights,then log into that account after that you go in contral panel / Administrative Tools / computer management / local users and groups / users then right click on administrator and set the password while As against, if you do not have other accounts with administrator rights then RIP
Old 29-01-2012

star

Dont Delete the SAM file otherwise you will lose your Password as well as your User Account and the System won't Start...Try using Back Track..a free Linux OS..

Download Back Track from.. http://www.backtrack-linux.org/downloads/

Select the Correct Version ISO And Download it!
Then Install It to your USB Drive using Unetbootin...

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,