Thread: System Idle Process Slowing Down my Pc

System Idle Process Slowing Down my Pc

Hello , My Machine has never been so slow, it works so choppy, So tried to have a looked at the ongoing process in the task manager , when I did CTRL-ALT-DEL, there is a process (System Idle Process), which takes between 80 to 99% of CPU time , can i Stop these System Idle Process , I suspected this process to be a virus , I have an antivirus (Norton) updated every week (live update) and spybot search and destroy for spyware, but it cannot Find any virus , please tell me what to do ,

Best regards , thanks in advance

Dr. V Guest

Re: System Idle Process Slowing Down my Pc

Windows Idle process is used to count the time when Windows does nothing.In fact it is normal, it is a process that indicates that 87% of Cpu of free

SYSTEM IDLE PROCESS is the CPU time not used ...This process is a single thread running on each processor, its sole function is to occupy the processor when the system does run any other thread. These processes typically run using only a small part of the CPU. If you find that one uses too much, then you turn to an antivirus scan or anti-adware.

The System Idle Processors never rest. Once powered up, they must always be executing some thread of instructions. When not executing the thread of an active user or system process, they execute a thread of a process called System Idle Process. The System Idle Process has one thread per processor. It has such a low base priority that it runs only when nothing else is scheduled to run. This process does nothing but occupy the processors until a real thread is ready to use them. On a quiet machine, when you would expect processor use to be very low, the System Idle Process will be using most of the processor time.